Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN: Error messages
Windows 7 & 8
The "Internet Connection Sharing" option provides networked computers with the possibility to share a single Internet connection.
This does NOT work with VPN.
Solution: "Internet Connection Sharing" should be disabled.
Then try to reinstall the VPN client.
- Click Start li>
- Click Settings li>
- Double-click Network Connections
- for each local area connection: right click on the link, then click Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
Under ICS, the options "Allow other network users to connect through .." should not be checked.
- Click OK to save settings.
- Verify 'Internet Connection Sharing" is disabled for each LAN connection.
- Close the "Network Connections" window.
- then try to reinstall the VPN client.
- It could be that you wish to use the "Internet Connection Sharing" at home. Note that you will need to adjust settings every time you want to use VPN.