Home > Security > En > AccountsecProtect your UGent account and login details
Protect your UGent account and login details
- Keep the password of your UGent account strictly confidential.
- Change your UGent password at least once a year.
- Choose a strong password (or passport sentence) keeping in mind the "easy to remember, difficult to guess" principle.
- Never use your UGent password for other, external services: choose another password for these.
- Never let yourself be caught by phishing: someone sending you a fraudulent email to obtain your username and password. Never respond to such requests!
- Only fill in your login details on the acknowledged UGent applications you trust, such as CAS and Athena.
- Do not write down your password and do not send it to anyone by email.
- Do not give anyone else your login details. Use proxy server functions and shared network disks (shares) instead.
- Do not forget to log off (or lock) your equipment when you leave it alone for some time.
More practical tips:
About the information security policy of UGent: