UGent pursues Single Sign-On wherever possible. As a user you need to log in only once per session.
Using your login name and central UGent password you can log in
on (Windows) computers which are joined to the Active Directory domain UGent.be.
to a large number of UGent applications (Minerva, e-mail, Athena, etc.) These applications use a central authentication service: passwords are not stored in the application.
CAS is the central authentication service for UGent students and members of staff. On the CAS (Centrale Authentication Service): introduction-page you find the answers to questions as "What is CAS?/ What is Central Authentication?", "How long do I remain logged on?", "How do I log out?".
to (web)applications at trusted organisations: this is Federated Single Sign-On
- Usernames are lower-case, check if the caps lock key has been switched off.
- The password is case-sensitive check if the caps lock key has been switched off.
- Maybe you have forgotten your password!
- Be sure your browser accepts cookies.
- The option 'Remember my username' uses a cookie containing your username. In this manner your username will be stored and at the next login it will be entered automatically.
- Don't use your central UGent password as password for external applications.
- Don't forget to exit your browser after using your password.
- Beware when entering passwords when you are on location outside of the university.