Using your login name and UGent password you can log in to a large number of UGent applications (Minerva, e-mail, Athena, etc.) These applications use a central authentication service: passwords are not stored in the application.
CAS is the central authentication service for UGent students and members of staff. On the CAS (Centrale Authentication Service): introduction-page you find the answers to questions as "What is CAS?/ What is Central Authentication?", "How long do I remain logged on?", "How do I log out?".
UGent pursues Single Sign-On wherever possible. As a user you need to log in only once per session.
UGent also offers Federated Single Sign-On: you can use your login name and password to log in to (web)applications at trusted organisations.
- Usernames are lower-case, check if the caps lock key has been switched off.
- The password is case-sensitive check if the caps lock key has been switched off.
- Maybe you have forgotten your password!
- Be sure your browser accepts cookies.
- The option 'Remember my username' uses a cookie containing your username. In this manner your username will be stored and at the next login it will be entered automatically.
- Don't use your central UGent password as password for external applications.
- Don't forget to exit your browser after using your password.
- Beware when entering passwords when you are on location outside of the university.