Eduroam is the wireless network within UGent. Other educational and research institutions also use Eduroam. This way, students and staff of all those institutions can use each other's wireless network.
Install Eduroam for UGent staff and students
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet (data connection, hotspot, ...).
- Download de configuration assistant tool (CAT):
- Surf to cat.eduroam.org
Choose "Click here to download your eduroam installer"
- Choose "Ghent University (UGent)" from the list of organisations.
- Staff member? Choose "UGent (staff)" from the user group list.
- Student? Choose "UGent (students)" from the user group list.
- Click on "Download your installer"
- Further instructions for Windows 10 & 11 • macOS • iOS • Android • Linux
Problems after changing password?
- After changing your password, reset Eduroam using the configuration assistant tool (CAT).
The settings at UGent are the following:
- Network Name/SSID: eduroam (lower case!) (is broadcast)
- Security Type: WPA2 in combination with IEEE 802.1X (also known as WPA2-Enterprise)
- Encryption Type: AES
- Authentication method: PEAP
- Authentication protocol: MSCHAP / Sub authentication method: EAP-MSCHAP V2
- Certificate authority: Sectigo RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
- Radius server: radius.ugent.be