Additional shared disk space (shares) for UGent staff
UGent staff can request additional shared network drives:
- intended for project-related storage of data (e.g. for research purposes)
- not meant for distributing webpages or public files
- will be provided in the form of a share (without url)
- DICT is in charge of the set-up, maintenance and the back-up of the server
- on the shares "snapshots" of the data are made. Snapshots allow you to retrieve (older versions of) files, without having to contact DICT.
To retrieve previous versions you can go back 15 weeks in total, based on
- 5 weeks of daily snapshots
- 15 weeks of weekly snaphots
- employees can request additional shared network drives via DICT Selfservice.
- to increase disk quota (the amount of disk space): contact the helpdesk
Access to shared network drives ("shares") for employees
When applying for a shared network drive, the applicant has provide a list of users who should have access to the share.
Afterwards, users and groups can be added or removed via DICT Selfservice.
Only the users who were added, either directly or via a group, can mount the share in question.