Home > Vpn > En > Asa
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN
If you report a problem with this VPN client to the helpdesk please mention you are using the AnyConnect Secure Mobility client.
Make sure that you know your UGent password.
Download the latest version of the AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN client software.
For Windows this is a Microsoft Installer package (.msi).
From Mac OS X 10.11.3 on this is a .dmg file.
Voor Linux (64bit) this is a .tar.gz file.
Please restart your computer after the installation.
Using the VPN connection
(the images below are of Windows.)
When launching the ASA VPN client, its icon appears in the system tray (bottom of the screen, on the right hand side).
- Fill in 'asavpn.ugent.be' as in the image below. Afterwards click 'Connect'.
- Enter your username and password.
- To stop the VPN connection, double click the ASA VPN client icon and select Disconnect.
Tip: Disconnect the VPN connection when you are not using it.
Please take into account the restrictions when using VPN.
How to launch the VPN client automatically
You can launch the VPN client automatically.
- Open the VPN client. In the bottom left, click on the sprocket.
- Go to the "Preferences" tab. li>
- Check the box for "Connect on start-up". li>
Possible error messages AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN
Error messages when installing and using the UGent Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN.