- Account & password
Access for external parties - External Accounts at UGent
An external account
- is intended for people who do not have a UGent account.
- provides secure, personalized access to certain web applications of Ghent University.
- is created from an email address. Once the email address is registered, its owner is notified. He or she can then log in to the application with that e-mail address.
How do you get an external account?
On invitation: an employee with a UGent account sends you an email with an invitation to access a certain web application.
The employee who invited you must set access rights for you. You must activate your account by choosing a password.
- By creating an account for a UGent application such as Oasis, the academic platforms, etc.
Good to know
- You can access various web applications from Ghent University with 1 external account.
- Only 1 external account can be created per email address.
- You CANNOT create an external account with a UGent e-mail address.
Manage your external account
- Do you have a school or work account from Microsoft, or a private Microsoft account (for example Hotmail, Live or Outlook)? You can manage your account at https://myaccount.microsoft.com.
- Do you have a Google account? Then you can manage your account at https://myaccount.google.com/.
- In any other case, you will have to inquire your e-mail provider.
Questions about your external account?
- Registration not successful? Make sure to use a valid e-mail address.
- Forgot your password? Go to the website of your e-mail provider (Hotmail/Outlook/Live: https://myaccount.microsoft.com, Google/Gmail: https://myaccount.google.com/) and click on 'Can’t access your account?'. Follow the instructions.