Home > Publicrepro > En > Student
Printing at UGent for students
- From an application on Athena
- From a public PC
- Usually there are at least 3 printers available: the default printer on your local PC (session printer Athena), "PDFCreator" (a virtual printer that saves files in PDF format) and "Ricoh on pcounter" (the public Ricoh multifunctionals for paid printing).
Printing to the publicly available copiers (MFPs)
- From an application on Athena, you can print to multifunctionals in PC-rooms and libraries by selecting the "Ricoh on pcounter" (\\pcounter\Ricoh) printer.
- Then - on the same day - go to any printer available for students to retrieve your printout.
- If you don't fetch the printout, you don't pay for it. Your printout is paid for AFTER the printing has been done.
- Remember to add credit to your card upfront, via the Epurse payment system.
- Go to the printer where you want to pick up your printout, place your student card on the multifunctionals payment terminal and choose "Print".
- Printing done? Sign out!
At your place, you write a text using the Word 2019 application on Athena. You send the document to the printer "Ricoh me on pcounter" (\\pcounter\Ricoh) and later in the day, when you go to class and are near the library, you pick up the printout. The document is printed at the moment you use your student card on the payment terminal. Many people in line? Printer not available? You can go to any other printer and retrieve your printout there. That is easy!