Home > E-mail > En > PhishingReport phishing
What is phishing?
What do we expect from you?
- Do not answer to a phishing scam!
- Do not pay anything
- Do not click on links in the phishing mail
- Never give away personal (birthday, address, ...), financial data (creditcard number, ...) or credentials (username, password, ...)
- Help us to enhance the detection system and report phishing attempts as described below.
- Please do NOT forward the phishing mails to our helpdesk e-mail address
Send phishing messages attached to a new post
Send the phishing message attached to a new post,
Enter "phishing" as subject.
- Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be forwarded to email@example.com. You can receive an autoreply from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you get the following error message, you have answered to a known a phishing message.
554 5.7.1 :
Recipient address rejected: Don't respond to phishing emails!
In addition you could see this text:
Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.
The following organization rejected your message: smtp.ugent.be.
What does DICT do?